Joshua Nmesirionye was born on April 21, 1968, in Umuahia, Nigeria.
He obtained a National Diploma (General Art) and a Higher National Diploma (HND) in 1996 and 1998 respectively, from the Federal Polytechnic Auchi, Edo State, Nigeria.
A multifaceted artist, Nmesirionye draws inspiration from people, the environment, and his imagination. He has been involved in exploring textured surfaces with a special interest in the physicality of paints and their ability to imbue representational art with contemporary sensibilities.
Nmesirionye is a full time studio artist at the Universal Studios of Art. He is a member of the Society of Nigerian Artists (SNA) and the Guild of Fine Artists of Nigeria (GFA).
• 2016 Mutual Art Inspiration, Zoetermeer, Netherlands
• 2014 Colours of Hope, Lagos, Nigeria
• 2011 The Lost Pictures, Los Angeles, USA
• 2011 Galerie Vendome Paris Terrakulture, Lagos, Nigeria
• 2009 Stepping into Universality, Lagos, Nigeria
• 2009 Indue Season, Mydrim Gallery, Lagos, Nigeria
• 2005 Rejuvenation, Lagos, Nigeria